Yesterday I shared my DIY Faux Vintage Pull Down Map Tutorial & while I was in the proccess of photographing it, I thought it might be fun to give you a mini-tour of my home. So sit back while I give you a peek inside my living room where we spend most of our time!
Most of the things I decorate my home with are either thrifted, given to me, picked up a garage sales or found on these awesome facebook groups my Dad's wife Debbie got me hooked on!
I got my old fireplace mantel (that I am in love with) off one of the facebook groups I belong to. The lady I purchased it from said she found it in a very old farm house in a nearby town.
It's a solid wood fireplace mantel and I can not believe the great condition it is in! The details on the front of the mantel are like nothing made today! I repainted it in my newest color obsession, mint! It is the focal point of the living room.
I love finding amazing vintage items to decorate my house with, it makes it feel so much more homey! But decorating is not the only thing that makes a house a home.
I was listening to a country song yesterday ( I can't remember which one) but the artist was singing about how we seem to have forgotten how to make a house a home. And sadly, I think that is largely true!
It is very important to me that my children grow up with good morals, values and a sense of responsibility. I do not want them to have a sense of entitlement.
I believe all of that starts at home. It is my & my husbands responsibility to instill these things in our children. It is my prayer that with the Lord's help, we do a good job.
Here are some ways I try to make our house a home:
- I want to eat as a family every night & talk about whatever is on our hearts.
- I want to make our kids feel secure, safe, able to come to me and their father with anything.
- I want to teach them to be kind, respectful, hard working, loving, caring, responsible people who shine for the Lord in whatever they do.
- I want to pray together as a family. I want to teach them to take everything to the Lord.
- I want to have weekly family movie nights where we all snuggle together.
- I want to tuck them in each night with prayers, kisses and hugs.
- I want to show them they are loved, unconditionally.
Leave a comment answering one or both of these questions:
♥ What's your favorite room in your home & why?
♥ How do you make your house a home?