I am not sure who was more excited when our beads arrived, them or me! The colorful box of beads made me so happy! We quickly got to work making necklaces for ourselves and for gifts! The girls each made some "friendship necklaces" for their best friends.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Variety of Wood Beads in various colors and sizes- there are so many styles available on Etsy.
- Jersey fabric of your choice- cut in strips.
MAKING YOUR NECKLACE:
- Start by cutting a strip of jersey fabric thin enough to thread through the hole in your beads.
- Lay out the beads in the pattern you want. Mix colors and sizes for a great look!
- Thread the beads on the fabric.
- Tie knots at the end of the necklace against the last beads.
- Tie the necklace in a bow at the ends.
- Slip over your head! Ta da!!
The girls had so much fun picking out the beads to design their own necklaces!
We had some left over so we made some bracelets too using the same method. When we tied the knot in the back, we snipped off the excess fabric.
Happy making friends!!