Essential oils are a part of my families daily lives & I am a firm believer that EVERYONE can benefit from them! I have been using oils for 2 years now & can't imagine my life without them! (You can find more info on oils here!)
Today I am sharing 10 of our favorite oils & oil combos! Using oils doesn't have to be difficult! Here are some of our favorites made simple!
1. Cedarwood & Lavender: Our favorite bedtime combo! Relax & get a good night's rest.
- Apply a drop of cedarwood to each big toe & lavender to your chest.
- Diffuse these two beside your bed & your kids bed at night.
- Spritz your sheets and pillows with lavender before bed.
- You will thank me in the morning!
2. Relieve it & Panaway: Keep these two on hand for after a hard workout. You can dilute with a carrier oil, like V6, and massage into sore muscles. Your body will thank you!
3. Lavender, Lemon & Peppermint: You can't go wrong with these three. They are my top go-to essential oils. This particular combo is great for seasonal discomfort. You know, when you don't even want to go outside in the Spring & Summer. Yeah. Add 4 drops of each oil to a roller ball bottle + fill the rest of the bottle with V6 or your favorite carrier oil! Apply to the back of neck and behind ears.
4. Lavender & LavaDerm: After a long day in the sun, these two are are a must have to soothe your skin. Add a drop or two of lavender to carrier oil in the palm of your hand and lather on your sun kissed skin! The lavaderm cooling mist is great to soothe and nourish that stressed skin. They are also great for minor cuts or scrapes to help soothe skin!
5. Clary Sage & Dragon Time: We all hate that time of the month, but these two make it so much more tolerable. This combo is great for hormonal support, relaxation and stress relief. Rub directly on your abdomen during that painful time of the month! You will thank me later!
6. Breathe Again: This is a must have, especially in the colder months when the germs settle in! Apply directly to your chest and as the label says, breathe again! Your nose will thank me!
7. Peace & calming. The name says it all. This is my all time favorite oil, I use it on myself and my kids any time we need a little peace & calming. Which is often, let's be real! Ways we love to incorporate this one in our daily life:
- Apply to the bottom of feet before bed as part of a bedtime ritual for your whole family.
- Add 4–5 drops to 1 cup Epsom salt for a calming bath at the start of the day or as part of an evening routine.
- Diffuse where your kids are playing & studying.
- Dilute with V6 oil for a calming back massage before naps or bed.
8. Shutran & Progessence Plus: These are great support for him and her! We love these two! Apply to wrists and behind ears!
9. All Natural Outdoor Spray: Who likes spraying chemicals all over their body? Not me. Make an all natural "outdoor annoyances" spray to keep those pesky outdoor nuisances at bay!
2 oz. Distilled water
1.5 oz. Witch hazel
20 drops purification
10 drops thieves
10 drops lavender
10 drops peppermint
Put all ingredients in a 4 oz. Glass spray bottle and give it a gentle shake. I like to spray all over about every 30 minutes while enjoying the outdoors with my children! (And... an additional suggestion, if you are going to be spending lots of time in tall grasses or wooded areas, add in some Palo Santo!)
Thank you to my oil team member Meg Cockle for this recipe!!
10. Oils for Kids: We love the Kids Scents collection! These oils are specifically formulated for kids! Rub the Sleepyize on your little one's feet at bedtime! And rub the tummygize on their little bellies for tummy support when needed! My kids love knowing they can come to my oil drawer and rub these on themselves!
I hope you loved learning more about how Essential oils can help your whole family! It is really easy to implement them in your daily lives & I truly feel that everyone needs them in their lives! I would love to chat with you personally about starting essential oils in your family!
Want to learn more about oils? I love sharing what I am using over on my Frank & Pine Facebook and Instagram. You can also find our more on my website or email me!